So! I was reminded by my very astute sister-in-law Aleisha, (and I mean that sincerely), that I have not updated my blog in a while...like for only 16 months or so... :) I am so glad she wondered why I haven't posted, because I have meaning to "begin again" for quite some time. I need it. It also helps to know that someone cares enough to want to read these "things" that sometimes take on a life of their own. I'll try to make things interesting, humorous, and positive, although I PROMISE (a word I never, ever use - just ask my kids), that I will keep it real.
I'll just act like I've been posting all along then, even though since I've last written, we've gotten pregnant, purchased and moved into a new home, and welcomed our 4th baby, among a great many other things! :)
This morning, God showered, I'm mean "poured" His blessings on our family. We are home-schooling and since Matthew is not quite six yet, I haven't been doing anything officially although he is doing some reading already and doing great at Math concepts and other general things. Anyway, I've been having some anxiety about which curriculum to use and how to begin exactly and wondering if I'm "cut-out" for this sort of thing. Ron and I agree that this is something we want for our family. We have been praying for wisdom and guidance, perseverance, patience, and that God would lead us to exactly what we should do, right down to what curriculum we would use.
Today, a friend who is continuously showering blessings upon me and our family has done it yet again! Her name is Katie. She brought over literally thousands of dollars worth of "Calvert" curriculum from grades K-3rd grade!!! (And a bunch of other curriculum too.) Every subject has a Teachers Manual included which is what I would prefer. Not only these things but a whole box of flash cards for everything from States, and Presidents to Addition, Subtraction, Sight Words, Alphabet, and several great learning games amoung other things she's collected and found very helpful in her Homeschooling journey. Of course, beyond the huge amount of money we will save by using these hardly used, mint condition, (some completely unused) books and tools, is the picture of what gracious, self-less giving is. Katie could have easily sold these and received a lot of money for them. She could've thrown them out, or she could have put an add in the paper and sold these many boxes of curriculum for even a relatively tiny amount of, let's say $100. But she thought of me. She contacted ME, knowing our plans for homeschooling, and drove them 25 minutes to MY house. What a great friend. And what a testimony she and her family is to all of us who have more than we need. (Besides all of the curriculum, she brought over a small childrens craft table, a great book shelf that displays the books, AND a sit-n-spin, something the kids have never seen before and are already enjoying.)
This whole thing reminded me of something that I think about very frequently. We can give time, money, material possessions, and we can give these things over and over again, all our lives even, and one thing is for sure. We can NEVER out-give God. He is the source of all that we have. He gives everything we need and so much more than we need. I feel that God used Katie today to show me, blatantly, that He is in control. He will provide for me and our family the best way. Bottom line. Trust! God will always give us what we need and He will always do it at the right time! We have to be patient and wait on God, KNOWING, not just hoping, that He will take care of it. He ALREADY HAS taken care of it. We just don't know it yet. :)
I hope and pray that anyone who reads this entry will be moved to trust God more as the events of today have moved me to trust God more. One of the kids favorites books at bedtime is called "He Provides for Me." It's about a mother bear and cub who are depending on God to provide the food during the changing seasons. We often remind the kids of that book when any of them begin to worry. They remember the words and the truth of that book.
I'm so thankful. May we all remain thankful.
-Thanks for reading, RACH
Yeah! Looking forward to reading your of activities and hopefully seeing photos of the things you do homeschoolwise (Is that a word? Lol)
ReplyDeleteP.S. I'm going to look up what "astute" means.
So glad you are blogging again and thank you for this encouraging post! I definitely needed the reminder! Love ya!
ReplyDelete