So here's a quick update. Today was the second full day that the H1N1 virus has been lurking in our home.
Kayla began getting symptoms yesterday afternoon, which include high fever, a very hazy look, and ugly, painful sounding cough. Mia continues to have those same symptoms as well. Today it was very hard to keep the fevers down. The girls were only going like 3-4 hours after a dose of medicine before their fevers were right back to 103 degrees. Kayla after only 3 hours of Motrin woke from her nap and had a 103.6 rectal temperature. I called the Dr. and they said that I should give she and Mia a cool, (lukewarm) bath. I did that. It brought their temp's down to about 101 only. They really were never under 101 all day. The nurse at our pediatricians insisted that as long as I'm following their directions with alternating between Motrin and Tylenol, that things will eventually work themselves out. I keep telling myself what the Dr. told me yesterday which is that the fever usually lasts 2 and a half to 3 days. So if that's true, by the end of tomorrow, Mia will be done with the fever which is the most scary part. But then of course, there's Kayla and Matthew.
I know the Lord will take care of every detail. I'm just doing what I think I should do and what the Dr. says.
Matthew began his symptoms at six this evening. Within ten minutes he went from happy, normal and full-of-energy, to an uncontrollable wheezing cough, and a high fever. He has asthma and therefore is at very high risk for taking this swine flu very, very hard. Ron and I prayed with him multiple times tonight, and it took several attempts to calm him down enough for him to take the Motrin.
So, all the kids are medicated and in bed. We'll see how well they sleep. We're hoping and praying to get some good sleep tonight. Even though I know that the Lord can do anything, I'm sure, given the footprint of this virus so far, that we're in for it tonight. Matthew is just very bad at being sick. He will be the most difficult to deal with by far.
Tomorrow should be interesting. Mia just woke up while I'm writing this. Her lips are all dry and we're trying to get her to drink some fluids. She's eating a popscicle on our bed right now too.
I know I'm next. The kids all had wheezing coughs right before they got the fever, and I've got a painful, wheezing cough right now. I'm expecting this to hit me pretty hard tonight. Ron just started his wheezy cough about an hour ago. This crazy virus moves fast! But I'm almost thankful for that. We are in great need of your prayers. Mostly that the Lord would give us the grace to deal with all of this drama!
Nighty-night. If I'm right about what I'm in for tonight - I'd better get all the sleep I can.
Thanx for reading.
Oh I hope you can get some rest! Wish I lived closer and could help in some way - bring dinner over at least. Hugs and prayers sent your way...
ReplyDelete