On November 12th, we'll be leaving around dinner time to head to Florida! We plan to drive straight through and arrive November 13th, late afternoon. It will be ~ 16-day trip. We'll be leaving to come back home the day after Thanksgiving. We are all so excited! I've been so busy finding clothes for the kids to wear there and digging out their bathing suits all over again. I've been going crazy trying to keep up with housework and laundry too so that we'll be all set to leave and not have to come back to any messes. Things are going very smoothly. All the kids "stuff" is already packed and that is a huge task out of the way! I have made lists upon lists upon lists - the only thing that helps me.
This weekend, I will head to the library and pick up about 20 new books for the trip so the kids will have brand new books to check out to pass some time. Other plans to pass the time are: Listening to/Singing Christmas music and so many other kinds of music including Veggie Tales, Michael Buble, Psalms, and tons of others, drawing on magnetic boards, working on learning flash cards, acting goofy, (that one is very crucial to staying happy), watching a movie or two on the portable DVD player, napping, and probably snacking too. It will be a lot of work keep an almost 4-yr old, a 2-yr old and a 10 month old happy on what could be a ~24hr. trip, but it will be worth all the work if we get there still sane! Right!? I am so thankful that we can go on this trip. It will be a nice treat! We'll be celebrating Matthew Thomas's fourth birthday while we're there too! AND we'll be seeing some family that we haven't seen in a long time!
Well, I'm off to bed now. I plan to blog at least once while in Florida. We'll see how that turns out!
No comments:
Post a Comment